Re: Infoed vs. Iris Wanda G Brewer 24 Jan 1994 12:05 EST

On Mon, 24 Jan 1994, Krones, Jacquie wrote:

> I'm not very impressed with the Federal Register service.  They don't post
> until they get their copy through "snail" mail and then it's only an
> abstract.  Personally, I don't think it's worth it and I've used it only
> once.  They also plan on offering the NIH Guide, but I don't think that is
> necessary because you can get it free through Gopher anyway..

I believe IRIS has been planning to offer the NIH guide for atleast
a year now.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it..

I have searched the CBD on IRIS on numerous occassions when a
PI is looking for an announcement.  Usually don't have much luck
though. Further, the Commerce Business Daily appears to be in several
places in Gopher. The best thing to do is to go into your Gopher, select
"Other Gophers...", then select "search titles in Gopherspace using
Veronica", pick one  of the "search Gopher Directory Titles" items, and
enter "commerce business daily".  It will show you about 10 different
locations it is in..

Wanda Brewer
Univ. of Texas at Dall