How-To Books Mike McCallister 09 Jan 1994 19:54 EST

None are really that good with tow exceptions:
Mary Hall's "Getting Funded" from the Portland Unviersity Press
for education, liberal arts, and community service and
Liane Rief-Lehrer's "How to" book for NIH and to some extent NSF.
Both need updating, but are still good.  There is an OK little
book fromt he Foundation Center (who I think is a rip-off outfit)
and it has been recently rewritten.  A couple of years ago
I wrote a directroy of this sort of stuff for SRA.  It's still
pretty much up-to-date.  Give their office in Chicaogo a call
and splurge the $15.  I don't get any royalties anyway.
Good luck
Spanky