Re: RESADM-L M. D. Christy 20 Dec 1993 16:31 EST

> We are about to do a training session for new investigators and one of the
> things we are going to discuss is indirect cost rates (briefly!).  We
> would like to be able to note the rates of some other institutions to
> give our investigators a frame of reference.
>
> Would a few of you mind posting your current rate and base.
>
> Ours is 61.5% on a Salary and Fringe Benefit Base.
>
> Thanks!
>
> * Elizabeth (Liz) Mazzella             xxxxxx@ALBNYDH2.BITNET  *
> * Asst. Dir. Technology Transfer & Sponsored Pgms.            *
> * Health Research, Inc. 66 Hackett Blvd. Albany NY 12209      *
> * Voice: (518) 431-1200                    Fax: (518)431-1234 *

Our research rate (on campus) is 59%, and 26% for off campus research.

Good luck!  This is always a fun topic with new investigators.

(IC calculated on modified total direct costs)

| Michelle D. Christy                                                    |
| Rutgers University, Office of Research and Sponsored Programs          |
| Phone - 908/932-2880  Fax - 908/932-3257  xxxxxx@gandalf.rutgers.edu |