Re: Remote Work Rhea,Lacey N (29 Mar 2021 08:37 EST)
Re: Remote Work Jim Peters (30 Mar 2021 10:00 EST)
Re: Remote Work Gardner, Barbara (30 Mar 2021 10:31 EST)
Re: Remote Work Amanda Ross (30 Mar 2021 10:39 EST)
Re: Remote Work Audrey Foster (30 Mar 2021 10:47 EST)

Re: Remote Work Rhea,Lacey N 29 Mar 2021 08:37 EST

Alexa,

I'm so impressed with the approach your unit/institution is taking on this topic!  The document you provided is very thoughtful and I think many who seek to have these conversations at their own institutions will find it very helpful.

"We have an open-dialogue, high trust culture in OCG" - assuming the staff agree with this assessment, this is an amazing accomplishment.  A culture like that takes time to build, and requires the right kind of leaders.  What would you say were the major contributors to creating this type of environment (or maintaining it, if it existed before your tenure there)?

"One key for me is that I think remote work is going to expand for Research Administration . . . and we want to keep our amazing staff even as other opportunities from out of state come their way." - I agree with this prediction and it is a major reason I'm pushing the topic so much in my own circles.  Recruitment in our field is already incredibly difficult.  An institution (or even a unit within an institution) that falls behind on this trend will suffer greatly.

Thank you for your contributions to improving the experience of our profession.  I encourage you to continue sharing out on this listserv as your journey unfolds.  The more we normalize these topics, the more positive our culture will become.

Take care!
Lacey |RA Manager|Physics|Phone: 352-294-3072|Email: xxxxxx@ufl.edu  Think before you print!

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List <xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG> On Behalf Of Alexa Van Dalsem
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2021 9:06 AM
To: xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Remote Work

[External Email]

Hi Deborah -

Our institution and our department are having a lot of conversations around the topic of the future of remote work. CU Boulder is working on institutional guiding principles. My department - Office of Contracts and Grants (OCG) - had a hybrid workplace before the pandemic, and we're now discussing expanded hybrid. We just kicked of conversations with staff around remote work. We have an open-dialogue, high trust culture in OCG so involving staff is possible, and we think necessary to make remote work work for everyone, including more staff working 100% remote (depending on business needs and personal preference).

I've attached OCG's Planning for the Future Version of Remote work document. A colleague and are co-leading this effort for OCG. We hope to have plans sorted out by June/July.

One key for me is that I think remote work is going to expand for Research Administration . . . and we want to keep our amazing staff even as other opportunities from out of state come their way.

Happy to discuss more - it's a topic near and dear to my heart!

Alexa

Alexa Van Dalsem, MA, CRA
Deputy Director, AFSO
Office of Contracts and Grants
3100 Marine Street, 4th Floor | 572 UCB
University of Colorado Boulder
Boulder, Colorado 80309-0572
xxxxxx@colorado.edu
O 303 735 6525
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.colorado.edu_ocg&d=DwIGaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=4uDUx_JUmdTI_qsPGOY_rX8ORuy-uE8bfzhUTzTKHjk&m=F-44aj5ISQqMnlnO5XAP8mQy4Gq28VoC4n98-fC28rc&s=o6ktL3Ipw6f3Uzyn-GOs3DLmU8ZoqOwiDn1WTeJaYao&e=

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 17 Mar 2021 23:39:19 +0000
From:    "Good, Deborah" <xxxxxx@UCSF.EDU>
Subject: Remote work

Hi All - we're examining the future of remote work post-COVID given that the last year has shifted how we've had to conduct business and opened up opportunities that allow us to explore a more permanent option. We would be interested to know if other organizations  have, or are considering, allowing permanent remote working. There's obviously a lot of factors to consider so we're looking at information that will help inform the process. Please feel free to email me directly or reply to the group.

Thanks!

Deb

Deborah Good
xxxxxx@ucsf.edu

Research Services Manager
Office of Sponsored Research

or click the following link:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.healthresearch.org_scripts_wa-2DHLTHRES.exe-3FSUBED1-3DRESADM-2DL-26A-3D1&d=DwIGaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=4uDUx_JUmdTI_qsPGOY_rX8ORuy-uE8bfzhUTzTKHjk&m=F-44aj5ISQqMnlnO5XAP8mQy4Gq28VoC4n98-fC28rc&s=vbdogNb9un4l3sXpphECJXbHpfb4XUizzF165tu1_Ho&e=

or click the following link:
https://LISTS.HRINET.ORG/scripts/wa-HLTHRES.exe?SUBED1=RESADM-L&A=1