Urgent help need for CDC Contract application due on Monday O'Brien, Maryellen (25 Feb 2021 11:35 EST)
Re: Urgent help need for CDC Contract application due on Monday Bobbie Ursin (26 Feb 2021 14:02 EST)

Re: Urgent help need for CDC Contract application due on Monday Bobbie Ursin 26 Feb 2021 14:02 EST

Maryellen & Mark,

CPARS is a system that some federal agencies use to assess performance of contractors if an award results.  It is similar to FFAPIS, which is used by other federal agencies.  Basically, if an award is issued in response to a proposal, the federal agency is required to document assessment at CPARS.  At a former university, I was the central sponsored programs charged with interacting with CPARS.

If I remember correctly, at the award stage I had to create an account in CPARS & associate my account with each of our awards which were included in the CPARS website.  The federal agencies would document annual assessment of performance & I would receive an email requiring me to log into CPARS to review the assessment & either concur with the assessment or disagree.  Generally, I would read through the assessment & note my own administrative concurrence & then send a pdf of the assessment to the PI, project manager, etc. asking for their analysis, based technical performance.

I never encountered a situation where we disagreed with the assessment, so I'm note certain of any additional steps that would be required in CPARS, but it, at least, allowed for us to offer a rebuttal.  I don't think FFAPIS has the same capability, so I see the benefit to the awardee of utilization of CPARS.

Bobbie Ursin
Semi-retired
From: Research Administration List <xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG> on behalf of Mark Derby <xxxxxx@OHSU.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2021 11:18:34 AM
To: xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Urgent help need for CDC Contract application due on Monday

Hi, Maryellen,

I also had questions about those two items and wrote to the CDC for clarification.  Attachment 4 is still in question, as I have not yet found someone here at OHSU who is knowledgeable with CPARS, but the second attached email from Diana is helpful regarding Attachment 5.

I think this might be my least favorite proposal of all time.  It doesn’t help that I have a ton of others I need to review.

Best of luck on your side of things!

Mark

Mark Derby
Grants and Contracts Administrator