Seeking guidance on Clinical Trial Classifications and Indirect costs Brakenberry, Melinda Marie (06 Nov 2020 09:31 EST)
Re: Seeking guidance on Clinical Trial Classifications and Indirect costs Bobbie Ursin (06 Nov 2020 14:06 EST)

Re: Seeking guidance on Clinical Trial Classifications and Indirect costs Bobbie Ursin 06 Nov 2020 14:06 EST
Melinda,

As for the F&A rate, you must use your federally negotiated rate with federal sponsors, but I would recommend that you use the fully loaded F&A rate, which eliminates the 26% administrative costs cap required by the feds.

Bobbie Ursin
SPARC
SUU
From: Research Administration List <xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG> on behalf of Brakenberry, Melinda Marie <xxxxxx@CMICH.EDU>
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2020 7:31:50 AM
To: xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Seeking guidance on Clinical Trial Classifications and Indirect costs

Good Morning,

Our university has a fairly new medical school, and we are just starting to dip our toes into the area of clinical trials by partnering with other hospitals and medical facilities across the state.

As clinical trials are a newer area of research and activity for our university, we are trying to determine how we should classify clinical trial activities, both on federally-funded and on industry-funded projects (for example, should these be classified as “Organized Research” or as “Other Sponsored Activities”?)  In addition,  we are also in the process of determining the appropriate F&A rate to charge on externally sponsored clinical trials, both federally-funded and industry-funded.

With that in mind, we’re reaching out to learn more about how your university manages clinical trials and how the determination of the F&A rate that applies is made.

Thank you for your guidance and direction.

Kindly,
Melinda

[cid:image001.png@01D6820E.E677EB20]

Melinda Brakenberry, MPA, CFRA
Associate Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
Office of Research & Graduate Studies
Foust 251  |  Central Michigan University
P: 989.774.7719  |  E: xxxxxx@cmich.edu
We Do • CMU | www.​cmich.edu<http://www.​cmich.edu>

or click the following link:
http://lists.healthresearch.org/scripts/wa-HLTHRES.exe?SUBED1=RESADM-L&A=1