Section 117 reporting Kettner, Valrey (23 Jun 2020 16:15 EST)
Re: Section 117 reporting Mark Sweet (24 Jun 2020 08:18 EST)
Re: Section 117 reporting Watkins,Kathryn A (24 Jun 2020 09:55 EST)
Re: Section 117 reporting Jennifer Shambrook (24 Jun 2020 12:13 EST)

Re: Section 117 reporting Mark Sweet 24 Jun 2020 08:18 EST

Hi Valrey,   I doubt the D-ED even considered this scenario.   I would suggest sending the question to D-ED:
https://www2.ed.gov/policy/highered/leg/foreign-gifts.html

Hope this helps,
Mark
----
Mark Sweet Director of Grants and Contracts
Research & Sponsored Programs
Univ. of Wisconsin - Madison
608-265-9252
xxxxxx@rsp.wisc.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List <xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG> On Behalf Of Kettner, Valrey
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 4:15 PM
To: xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] Section 117 reporting

If your institution has reported a qualifying gift or contract in a prior calendar year, and that funded project for whatever reason does not get completed and funds are returned, do you then do a negative report to reflect that?  If you have a $1.5M contract with a foreign entity that is reported, but then the project stalls out and significant funds are returned (let's say $500K), is there any reason to report a negative $500K on the next reporting cyle?  I am thinking not, as a negative is not a gift received or contract entered in to...but I would love to hear others' thoughts.

Valrey V. Kettner
Associate Vice President/Sponsored Programs Administration NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY

Research 1
Dept. 4000, PO Box 6050
Fargo, ND  58108-6050

Street / Delivery Address