IRB Review When PI is Leaving the Institution Vargas, Pamela A (21 Jun 2020 12:27 EST)
Re: IRB Review When PI is Leaving the Institution Jerrolds, Elsie Audrey Lyn (21 Jun 2020 19:21 EST)
Re: IRB Review When PI is Leaving the Institution Gibson, Mary J. (Mary) (22 Jun 2020 00:38 EST)

Re: IRB Review When PI is Leaving the Institution Jerrolds, Elsie Audrey Lyn 21 Jun 2020 19:21 EST

Hi Pam,

Always nice to come across your name here.  I hope all is well.  My initial thought would be that the PI's new institution should review, provide approval and maintain oversight, then I wondered where the majority of work would be done that involves Human Subjects.  Good question.  I'm still going with my initial thought, but am interested in others feedback on this issue.

Respectfully,

AUDREY L. JERROLDS, MA, ILLINI CRA
Grants and Contracts Coordinator

Coordinated Science Laboratory
The Grainger College of Engineering | University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
1308 W. Main St. | M/C 228 | Urbana, IL 61801
217.300.2219 | xxxxxx@illinois.edu
csl.illinois.edu

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act any written communication to or from university employees regarding university business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List <xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG> On Behalf Of Vargas, Pamela A
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2020 12:27 PM
To: xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG
Subject: [RESADM-L] IRB Review When PI is Leaving the Institution

Hi, all,

I’m looking for some insight in handling IRB review when the PI is leaving the institution within a few weeks. There will be two collaborators still at the institution, but the lead PI will be working at another institution.

Would you review and have your institution maintain oversight or would you recommend that the PI work with the new institution’s IRB, especially given that the project has not been reviewed yet?

Any insight and thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks,

Pam

or click the following link:
http://lists.healthresearch.org/scripts/wa-HLTHRES.exe?SUBED1=RESADM-L&A=1