Re: Course Releases: How are these Handled re Fringe/IDC at Your Institution? Larry Waxler 18 Feb 2020 10:39 EST

The grant should reflect the full cost of the faculty member’s time,
including Benefits and indirect. (We used to consider a course release
as 25% of a 4-block semester load – 3 courses and a
research/scholarship/research block).

I cases where we were faced with a match requirement or up against a
budget cap we would sometimes show the difference between the
instruction cost and the faculty member’s cost as a match. However, we
never referenced a replacement cost only the value of the faculty
member’s time.

Larry

or click the following link:
http://lists.healthresearch.org/scripts/wa-HLTHRES.exe?SUBED1=RESADM-L&A=1