Re: RESADM-L Digest - 8 Jan 2020 to 9 Jan 2020 - Special issue (#2020-10) Sheila Clark 09 Jan 2020 11:01 EST

Hi Lee,

I wondered the same thing.  I've been letting them go without pagination.  Hopefully they will fix SciENcv to paginate or drop the requirement on the Bio sketch.  I figured they shouldn't make too much of a stink for lack of pagination since it is their supported avenue of creation.

Kind Regards,

Sheila Clark
Grants Administrator
Virginia Tech, Department of Computer Science Knowledge Works II
2202 Kraft Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060-6356
(540) 231-8760
xxxxxx@cs.vt.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List <xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG> On Behalf Of RESADM-L automatic digest system
Sent: Thursday, January 9, 2020 10:57 AM
To: xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG
Subject: RESADM-L Digest - 8 Jan 2020 to 9 Jan 2020 - Special issue (#2020-10)

There is 1 message totaling 10552 lines in this issue.

Topics in this special issue:

 1. SciENcv training

Date:    Thu, 9 Jan 2020 15:38:16 +0000
From:    Lee Pettit <xxxxxx@ASU.EDU>
Subject: Re: SciENcv training

Nice instruction sheet, Heather.  Thank you!

The Biosketches I've seen created with this new tool have a digital signature from the tool.  This is odd because we then need to strip the signature from the PDF in order to paginate the Biosketch.

Has anyone heard reasons behind the digital signature?  Unless the pagination requirement will be changing or I missed something - this seems odd.  I look forward to your insights.

Thank you!

Lee Pettit
Assistant Director Research Advancement
Arizona State University
School of Computing, Informatics, and Decision Systems Engineering (CIDSE)<https://cidse.engineering.asu.edu/>
480-965-1571

From: Research Administration List <xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG<mailto:xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG>> on behalf of "Corby, Jennifer R." <xxxxxx@FAS.HARVARD.EDU<mailto:xxxxxx@FAS.HARVARD.EDU>>
Date: Wednesday, January 8, 2020 at 8:23 AM
To: "xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG<mailto:xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG>" <xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG<mailto:xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG>>
Subject: [RESADM-L] SciENcv training

Dear Colleagues,

As NSF and NIH are increasingly encouraging the use of SciENcv for biosketch creation, are any of your institutions providing in-house training for research administrators or researchers on how to use this system? I'm aware of the resources SciENcv provides online but would be interested to learn about any training efforts or materials being developed by departments, school-level or central research administration departments, libraries, research offices, etc.
Thanks in advance for any feedback you may have.

Best wishes,
Jen

Jennifer Corby, CRA
Research Development Officer