Re: filing question: Related Question Collette L. Ryder (19 Oct 2017 09:36 EST)
Re: filing question: Related Question Betcher, Gina (19 Oct 2017 09:50 EST)
Re: filing question: Related Question Donna Berger (19 Oct 2017 17:43 EST)
Re: filing question: Related Question Kathy Rushlo (19 Oct 2017 10:25 EST)

Re: filing question: Related Question Donna Berger 19 Oct 2017 17:43 EST

 My office creates the grant budgets and has access to salaries as needed. When there are several faculty involved., it is tricky.  We let the faculty involved know that we need to use the base salary. We do hide the calculations and on the grants.gov workspace you can hide the budget. However obviously the PI needs to see the figures to develop and manage the budget. Usually faculty have no problems with sharing.  We have had a situation where the dean wanted to contribute time and I don’t think he knew that the PI would see his salary. We worked it out by informing him in advance and informing him that he didn’t have to be listed in the budget.

Donna Berger, Ph.D.
Director, Academic Grants
Marist College
Phone: 845-575-3670

 -----"Betcher, Gina" <xxxxxx@ECU.EDU> wrote: -----

 =======================
 To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
 From: "Betcher, Gina" <xxxxxx@ECU.EDU>
 Date: 10/19/2017 10:59AM
 Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] filing question: Related Question
 =======================
 C.

From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Collette L. Ryder
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2017 10:37 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org

Related question to this:

Who has access to salaries for putting together the grant budget to begin with?

A: Central office
B: Department/Lab admins
C: Combination of above

How do you handle things when people from different departments/labs are collaborating on the same proposal?

Thank you,
Collette

**RU is implementing a new grants management system - RAS-Grants. Please see http://www2.rockefeller.edu/sr-pd/?page=ClickProject_Home for more information.**

Collette L. Ryder, MBA, CRA
Director
Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Ave., Box 82
Founders Hall, Room 301
New York, NY  10065