Case Management Software JOANNA FLOYD (10 Aug 2017 11:21 EST)
Re: Case Management Software Andrea Buford (10 Aug 2017 11:30 EST)
Re: Case Management Software Atkinson, Patricia (15 Aug 2017 07:55 EST)
Re: Case Management Software Barrett,Diane (10 Aug 2017 11:51 EST)
Re: Case Management Software Chris Thompson (10 Aug 2017 12:44 EST)
Re: Case Management Software Atkinson, Patricia (15 Aug 2017 07:54 EST)

Re: Case Management Software Chris Thompson 10 Aug 2017 12:44 EST

JoAnna,

Having been a project manager for a number of years and very familar with
Project I would STRONGLY discourage it's use for the purposes needed.  our
eRA platform supports tracking Negotiation activities and I'm sure others
do as well.  We will be releasing an entirely new platform very soon which
would allow you to try it out for a month for free if you can hang in
there for a bit.

-Chris

www.moderas.co

On Thu, August 10, 2017 12:21 pm, JOANNA FLOYD wrote:
> Dear Colleagues,
>

> My office handles industry sponsored research contract negotiations from
> proposal stage through executed contract.  We are constantly hearing from
> various constituents: "why does the process take so long?"  A negotiation
> could take only a few days, and we still seem to hear this question.
>
> We are looking for a software solution that will help us track activities
> for each negotiation so that we can monitor the time that a
> proposal/agreement spends in our office, in various university offices
> like research compliance and legal counsel's office for review, or out
> with the industry sponsor for review.  We currently log all of our
> activities in InfoEd, our research administration database.  Our goal is
> to be able to provide a visual for the various constituents that captures
> the timeline of an industry award from proposal to executed agreement.
>
> A colleague suggested Project, which allows us to show activities in a
> Gantt Chart.  We're testing this now.  Another suggested that maybe
> Tableau can pull from the Activity Log in InfoEd.  We haven't looked into
> this yet. Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions.
>
> Hopefully a picture will be worth a thousand (or more) words to better
> answer the "why does the process take so long" question. :)
>
> Thanks all!
>

> JoAnna L. Floyd
> Director
> OFFICE OF INDUSTRY CONTRACTS
> Clemson University, Division of Research
> 230 Kappa St., Clemson, SC 29634-5701, USA
> P: 864-656-3989
> www.clemson.edu/research<http://www.clemson.edu/research>
>

> This email and any attachments may contain confidential information or
> information intended only for use by the addressee.  If you receive this
> message in error, please notify the sender immediately.  Anyone other
> than addressee is strictly prohibited from duplicating, disseminating, or
> distributing this message or its contents.

> subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via
> our web site at http://www.healthresearch.org (click on the "RESADM-L"
> link under "Sponsored Programs").
>
> A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help