SPIN Michael, Lynette (21 Jul 2017 13:43 EST)
Re: SPIN Chris Thompson (21 Jul 2017 14:22 EST)
Re: SPIN Jean Freiser (21 Jul 2017 14:58 EST)
Re: SPIN Elizabeth Fortune (21 Jul 2017 14:24 EST)

Re: SPIN Chris Thompson 21 Jul 2017 14:22 EST

Let's not forget Bill DiCocco!  Possibly the nicest man I've EVER met.

-Chris

www.moderas.co

On Fri, July 21, 2017 2:43 pm, Michael, Lynette wrote:
> been a fund searcher since 1986 (Wash U in St Louis) and remember the
> first SPIN iteration from the late 80's (I think). It was the brain child
> of the grants office at SUNY-Albany, and Ed Johnson Senior (InfoEd
> Global) purchased the database sometime later. The original version was
> online with a printout of funding opportunities from your search mailed
> (as in Post Office) to you about a week later. I also remember a floppy
> disk version and then the web version. (Wow, I have been around way
> longer than I realized!)
>

> In comparison to my original fund searching tools (two thick books - the
> Annual Register of Grant Support and the Foundation Directory), SPIN was
> and is an amazing tool. There is no such thing as a perfect database
> (have you reviewed your electronic health records lately?), but I use
> SPIN on a daily basis to help me keep up with funding opportunities and
> to perform fund searches for our faculty. And as several others on the
> list noted, the people responsible for SPIN, especially Keith Willis,
> have provided invaluable assistance and are always open to suggestions
> for improvement of the product.
>

> Thank you.
>

> Lynette
>

> ====================================
>

> Lynette Michael, Director
> Office of Research Development and Education (ORDE)
> University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
> Telephone: 303-315-5822
> E-Mail Address: mailto:xxxxxx@ucdenver.edu
> ORDE Website: http://ucdenver.edu/orde
> ORDE Blog: http://orde-cu.blogspot.com/

> subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via
> our web site at http://www.healthresearch.org (click on the "RESADM-L"
> link under "Sponsored Programs").
>
> A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help