Independent Research Institutes during a Govt Shutdown Jean Remmer (27 Mar 2017 16:15 EST)
Re: Independent Research Institutes during a Govt Shutdown Natasha Stark (27 Mar 2017 17:01 EST)
Re: Independent Research Institutes during a Govt Shutdown Donahue, Sherie (LLU) (27 Mar 2017 17:12 EST)

Re: Independent Research Institutes during a Govt Shutdown Natasha Stark 27 Mar 2017 17:01 EST

Hi Jean,

There was a brief government shutdown in 2013, and for our purposes we continued to operate internally as per the usual.  The agencies sent out letters with instructions which mostly involved deadline extensions for the period of the shutdown, and wecommunicated that info to the faculty as appropriate.  Otherwise we kept processing applications to meet existing deadlines to be sure they were marked in grants.gov as on time.  We went ahead and did advance accounts for any faculty who we identified as expecting renewal funds in October so they could keep working.  Besides that we mostly tried to keep the faculty as calm as possible while we did all the panicking for them :-)

With Warm Regards,

Natasha Williams Stark, MPA, CRA
Assistant Director, Pre-Award Services
Office of Research
Kennesaw State University
1000 Chastain Road, NW - MD #0111
Kennesaw Hall, Room 3411
Kennesaw, GA  30144
Phone:  470-578-3365
Fax:  470-578-9110
Email:  xxxxxx@kennesaw.edu

Available Monday & By Appointment
Marietta Campus
Atrium Building, Room 3548:30a - 5:30p

Available Tuesday - Friday
Kennesaw CampusKennesaw Hall, Room 34118:30a - 5:30p

Have you tried using the COS Search Engine - Community of Science Funding Opportunities?
Go to: http://dewey.kennesaw.edu/cf/dbsdetails.cfm?databaseID=713