Re: RESADM-L Digest - 28 Nov 2016 to 29 Nov 2016 (#2016-269) Ann Creely 01 Dec 2016 09:46 EST

Any way that all the repeats of messages and all the repeats of headers & footers can be avoided with this list serve communication? It is really way too much to weed through to get to the small nuggets of real information!

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of RESADM-L automatic digest system
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 12:00 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: RESADM-L Digest - 28 Nov 2016 to 29 Nov 2016 (#2016-269)

Topics of the day:

 1. Grants.gov submission issue (7)
 2. Internal Funding Programs
 3. Minimum salary $47,476.00 (2)
 4. FW: Minimum salary $47,476.00

Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 2016 14:02:55 +0000
From:    "Schoen, Alexander" <xxxxxx@WINTHROP.ORG>
Subject: Grants.gov submission issue

Has anyone else had this problem submitting the SF424:

We click save and submit, save, the enter the G.Gov username and password - Message comes up - "trust this document" we indicate "always"
Click save and submit, enter G.Gov info, then NOTHING.

The helpdesk said to make sure the application is on the desktop, this worked a few months ago, but not now, it's possible that the IT dept added some security measure.

We ended up using ASSIST and were able to submit, but AO's can't submit using ASSIST.

Any idea on why the old fashioned SF424 form would not work?

Thank you,

Alex

Alexander Schoen, MBA
Director, Office of Sponsored Programs
Winthrop Research Institute
Winthrop-University Hospital
222 Station Plaza North, Suite 301
Mineola, NY  11501
Phone: (516) 663-4931
Fax:     (516) 663-9718
xxxxxx@winthrop.org<mailto:xxxxxx@winthrop.org>
http://www.winthrop.org/sponsored-research-programs

-----
The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information, including patient information protected by federal and state privacy laws.  It is intended only for the use of the authorized individual as indicated in the e-mail.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please DO NOT reply to this e-mail, please call the sender immediately and permanently delete this email and any attachments.

Email secured by Check Point
======================================================================<br>
======================================================================<br>

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 2016 13:49:50 +0000
From:    "Davis Hamilton, Zoya" <xxxxxx@TUFTS.EDU>
Subject: Re: Internal Funding Programs

Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 2016 07:08:11 -0900
From:    "Andrew M. Gray" <xxxxxx@ALASKA.EDU>
Subject: Re: Grants.gov submission issue

I had a similar problem when I installed a new version of Acrobat. This might help - go into Preferences-->Security (Enhanced) and disable Enhanced Security.

Andrew

*Andrew M. Gray*  CRA, CPRA
Associate Director | Office of Grants & Contracts Admin.
907-474-1851 | xxxxxx@alaska.edu | www.uaf.edu/ogca <http://www.uaf.edu/osp> =================================================

*OGCA values your opinion! *Please take our short survey and tell us how we're doing!
OGCA Client Satisfaction Survey <https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/OGCA-CSS>

Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 2016 16:46:05 +0000
From:    "Minnema, Linnea" <xxxxxx@SAMFORD.EDU>

Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 2016 18:04:07 +0000
From:    Bianca Hunter <xxxxxx@LAVERNE.EDU>

Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 2016 19:06:43 +0000
From:    Michael Spires <xxxxxx@COLORADO.EDU>

Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 2016 19:30:02 +0000
From:    Nancy Riker <xxxxxx@WESTERNU.EDU>
Subject: Minimum salary $47,476.00

Greetings,
As most of you know a federal judge has, for the moment, thrown out this minimum wage requirement. I am sure that it will take several months to see if this will be instituted.
Our HR department has made the decision to move forward the minimum wage for Post Docs regardless of the outcome. This does impact our current and furture awards. Are any other institutions adopting this minimum wage for Post Docs?

Thanks to you all and have a great day!

Best Regards,
Nancy Riker
Director, Post Award/Grant Accounting
Sponsored Programs and Contract Management

Western University of Health Sciences
309 E. Second Street
Pomona, CA 91766
909-469-5458
909-469-5569 fax
xxxxxx@westernu.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@westernu.edu>
www.westernu.edu<http://www.westernu.edu/>

Confidential Note:
The information in this email is confidential information only for use of the individual or entity addressed and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copy of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error, please notify me via telephone. Thank you.

Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 2016 20:50:26 +0000
From:    Jessica de Veyga <xxxxxx@STEVENS.EDU>

Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 2016 12:59:25 -0700
From:    "Breeden, Amanda" <xxxxxx@DHHA.ORG>

Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 2016 20:09:52 +0000
From:    Matthew Katz <xxxxxx@WESTERNU.EDU>
Subject: FW: Minimum salary $47,476.00

Greetings,
As most of you know a federal judge has, for the moment, thrown out this minimum wage requirement. I am sure that it will take several months to see if this will be instituted.
Our HR department has made the decision to move forward the minimum wage for Post Docs regardless of the outcome. This does impact our current and future awards. Are any other institutions adopting this minimum wage for Post Docs?

Date:    Tue, 29 Nov 2016 15:07:16 -0800
From:    Elise MILLS <xxxxxx@BERKELEY.EDU>
Subject: Re: Minimum salary $47,476.00

hi -
Our institution already moved on that - as it is our postdoc's have a collective bargaining agreement.
We have not stopped/changed implementing this (there was talk & planning for it for months in advance & DOL had not changed these numbers in many years) Elise

Elise Mills, CRA RACC
Contract & Grant Manager
Campus Shared Services, Team 2 (ERSO)
382 Cory Hall, Berkeley CA 94720-1774
510-643-6682
email: xxxxxx@berkeley.edu

*Upcoming Office Closures:*  *December 26 - January 2 (Curtailment)*

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 11:30 AM, Nancy Riker <xxxxxx@westernu.edu> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> As most of you know a federal judge has, for the moment, thrown out
> this minimum wage requirement. I am sure that it will take several
> months to see if this will be instituted.
>
> Our HR department has made the decision to move forward the minimum
> wage for Post Docs regardless of the outcome. This does impact our
> current and furture awards. Are any
>
> other institutions adopting this minimum wage for Post Docs?
>

> Thanks to you all and have a great day!
>

> *Best Regards,*
>
> *Nancy Riker*
>
> *Director, Post Award/Grant Accounting*
>
> *Sponsored Programs and Contract Management*
>

> Western University of Health Sciences
>
> 309 E. Second Street
>
> Pomona, CA 91766
>
> 909-469-5458
>
> 909-469-5569 fax
>
> xxxxxx@westernu.edu
>
> www.westernu.edu
>

> *Confidential Note:*
>
> *The information in this email is confidential information only for
> use of the individual or entity addressed and may be legally
> privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination or copy of
> this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in error,
> please notify me via telephone. Thank you.*
>

> Email secured by Check Point
> A link directly to helpful tips: http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help<br>

Email secured by Check Point

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)<br>