Re: Training Programs for Research Administrators Pfister, Brigette Shanahan (bsp2f) 23 Jun 2016 09:42 EST

Hi Kevin

Virginia Commonwealth University has an excellent training program!  Contact Cathy Short in the Office of Sponsored Programs for details. It's an impressive program and I'm thinking about using that model for development of a similar program at UVA.

Thanks
--Brigette

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of RESADM-L automatic digest system
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 3:20 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: RESADM-L Digest - 20 Jun 2016 to 21 Jun 2016 (#2016-140)

Topics of the day:

 1. Training Programs for Research Administrators (3)
 2. Career Opportunity in Madison WI

Date:    Mon, 20 Jun 2016 19:49:59 +0000
From:    "Mills, Kevin Ray" <xxxxxx@ECU.EDU>
Subject: Training Programs for Research Administrators

Hello,

Our University is looking at ways of potentially restructuring research administration throughout our campus.  One aspect of this restructure would need to be training.  I'm trying to find examples of strong research administration training programs at other universities that are designed to facilitate training at all levels of administration (central, college, and departmental).

If your university has a strong, comprehensive training program, or if you know of a university with a good training program, please message me directly to my email.  Any input you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin R Mills, CRA, M.A.Ed
Director of Grant Development & Administration Center for Health Disparities East Carolina University
1800 West Fifth Street
Medical Pavilion, Suite 6
Greenville, NC  27834-4353
Phone: 252-744-5269
Fax: 252-744-2643
Email: xxxxxx@ecu.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@ecu.edu>
www.ecu.edu/cs-dhs/healthdisparities

Email secured by Check Point

======================================================================<br>
======================================================================<br>

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 21 Jun 2016 10:30:17 -0400
From:    Elizabeth Fortune <xxxxxx@VCU.EDU>

http://www.research.vcu.edu/osp/training.htm

 Click on the "VCU Sponsored Projects Administration Certification Program"
arrow for more information

--

Elizabeth Fortune, MBA, CRA
Administrative Director

go.vcu.edu/researchmatters

<https://www.facebook.com/VCU.CCTR/?=ref=ts>
<http:///twitter.com/VCUMedResearch> <http:///rampages.us/vcucctr/>

Please help us keep our funding: Please acknowledge NIH Grant Support in each publication, press release or other documents about research that benefitted from the VCU Wright Center for Clinical & Translation Research
(CCTR) Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA) UL1 or KL2 Grant and include a disclaimer.  Find out how at http://www.cctr.vcu.edu/clinicalresearch/cite.html

Date:    Tue, 21 Jun 2016 14:07:42 +0000
From:    Pamela Meredith <xxxxxx@UTRGV.EDU>

I would be very interested in the same subject.

<http://utrgv.edu/>

Pamela Meredith, PhD
Director of Strategic Research Development Division of Research, Innovation and Economic Development

o: (956) 882-5946 or c: (956) 312-1643 • xxxxxx@UTRGV.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@UTRGV.edu>

Brownsville • Edinburg • Harlingen
<http://facebook.com/UTRGV>  <https://www.linkedin.com/edu/school?id=177005&trk=tyah&trkInfo=clickedVertical:school,idx:1-1-1,tarId:1437971902089,tas:UTRg>    <http://youtube.com/UTRGV>

________________________________

Date:    Tue, 21 Jun 2016 15:34:59 +0000
From:    "Booth, Jennifer" <xxxxxx@MORGRIDGE.ORG>
Subject: Career Opportunity in Madison WI

The Morgridge Institute for Research, a private, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving human health through interdisciplinary biomedical research, is hiring for the position of Financial Analyst.

This position will collaborate with Principal Investigators to develop budgets for grant proposals, forecast annual and life of grant spending, and ensure appropriate institution and federal funding policies and guidelines are followed. In addition, the Financial Analyst will assist the leader of the focus area in strategy, forecasting, and implementation of major Metabolism initiatives. This position will work collaboratively with institution administration, including the Finance and Sponsored Programs departments.

For full job description and application instructions:

Morgridge Institute Website: https://morgridge.org/financial-analyst/

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/cap/view/146340293?pathWildcard=146340293&trk=job_capjs

Email secured by Check Point

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)<br>