Re: Effort Reporting or Not Steve Dominguez (26 Oct 2015 12:57 EST)
Re: Effort Reporting or Not Jeanne Viviani (26 Oct 2015 15:42 EST)

Re: Effort Reporting or Not Jeanne Viviani 26 Oct 2015 15:42 EST

Thanks Steve,

I too was thinking it would be more like a documentation of PROJECT based expenses (say once a month) where a PI would certify ALL expenses on the award.

Jeanne M Viviani
Contracts & Grants Manager
Florida Polytechnic University
(863) 874-8534

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Steve Dominguez
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2015 1:57 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Effort Reporting or Not

It's been a while since I've been responsible for Effort Reporting and I'm not fully versed in the uniform guidance regulations, but to answer your hypothetical question, I would probably not  implement an Effort Reporting solution but  a "Documentation of Personnel
Expenses" (DPE) solution as a integral part of payroll time sheets.   I'd try to decouple salary cap compliance, effort commitment compliance and cost sharing documentation so it could be done less frequently and in a simpler fashion.

Sounds easy, right :) ?
I'm sure in practice this would not be so easy to implement. But I think, in theory, it could relieve some administrative burden and potentially provide a higher lever of compliance.

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help