Re: Subaward monitoring of annual audits Barbara Bunge (17 Jun 2015 08:42 EST)
Re: Subaward monitoring of annual audits Jennifer Shambrook (17 Jun 2015 11:09 EST)
Re: Subaward monitoring of annual audits Iris Mondri-Kish (17 Jun 2015 12:40 EST)
Re: Subaward monitoring of annual audits Sandra Nordahl (17 Jun 2015 13:58 EST)

Re: Subaward monitoring of annual audits Jennifer Shambrook 17 Jun 2015 11:09 EST

Thank you Barbara!

Is anyone doing them "just in time" as agreements are executed or annual amendments are being created?

-Jennifer

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Barbara Bunge
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 9:43 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Subaward monitoring of annual audits

We email annual requests for an A-133 audit certification to all our subrecipients and that results in about 50% return, using a mail merge. Another 10 - 25% come in throughout the year as recipients complete their audits. A final mail merge email goes to the non-compliant recipients about 6 months after the first email. Toward the end of the fiscal year, a final effort is made to call and email the remaining no-compliant recipients. If necessary, payments or modifications are withheld pending receipt.

Audits are reviewed as their are received and the results recorded in our database.

With Uniform Guidance, we plan to still send the certification requesting if they've posted to Federal Audit Clearing House and if there were any findings related to subawards received from us. Asking about their findings is very helpful if they are part of a large State audit. A final review of their posted audit will be done and results recorded in our database like normal.

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help