Women's/Veterans' Health & Agro-Healing Edward Gabriele (19 Mar 2015 11:48 EST)
Re: Women's/Veterans' Health & Agro-Healing Marisa Steffers (19 Mar 2015 12:43 EST)
Re: Women's/Veterans' Health & Agro-Healing Hathaway, Charles (19 Mar 2015 13:21 EST)

Re: Women's/Veterans' Health & Agro-Healing Marisa Steffers 19 Mar 2015 12:43 EST

Thanks very much for sharing...

Marisa

From: Research Administration List [xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Edward Gabriele [xxxxxx@MAC.COM]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 12:48 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Women's/Veterans' Health & Agro-Healing

Colleagues,

Please pass on this educational information to peers, researchers, and organizational leaders.

I finally was able to obtain and see the one hour documentary, “Terra Firma.” This is the film about three women-veterans returning from war who suffer from PTSD and find farming as a powerful source of healing (Agro-Healing).

You can check out the documentary information at: http://terrafirmafilm.com<http://terrafirmafilm.com/>.

The documentary is not a film that one simply watches. Rather, one “enters into” the experience of the women in the film.

This film has very important significance for our researchers whose efforts are connected to Wounded Warrior Care and the care of those who suffer from trauma.

As I was drawn into the story lines, I kept wondering at the depth of connections between the agro-experience and how it creates healing. Certainly, there is humanistic connection. Obviously, there is also deep psychological connection. Yet, there is also a profound connectivity here that is all about the tapestry of the human person, human values systems, and the realities of holistic/integrated healing (not just pharma-therapy or traditional procedures). My years working in healthcare laboratories also made me wonder at perhaps the biological and chemical connectivity between the human animal and realities such as plants, soil, farming animals etc.

All of these areas really need hard-core research in all of the humanities and sciences to find what is here that generations of humans have known — but that perhaps we in our modern era have forgotten in 4G speed.

If nothing else, especially in this Women’s History Month, there is so much here that can expand our minds and selves.

I hope perhaps you can obtain and view this very powerful experience. The website has the information.

Regards,
Ed

Dr. Edward F. Gabriele
Germantown, MD 20874
Email 1: xxxxxx@comcast.net<mailto:xxxxxx@comcast.net>
Email 2: xxxxxx@mac.com<mailto:xxxxxx@mac.com>

====================================================================== Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at http://www.healthresearch.org (click on the "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

A link directly to helpful tips: http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================

This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.  If
you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from printing,
copying, forwarding, saving, or otherwise using or relying upon them in
any manner.  Please notify the sender immediately if you have received
this message by mistake and delete it from your system.