Quick Ref Q: 90 day closeout rule? Jessica Hanff (31 Oct 2014 13:42 EST)
Re: Quick Ref Q: 90 day closeout rule? ETHEREDGE, STEVE (31 Oct 2014 15:20 EST)
Re: Quick Ref Q: 90 day closeout rule? Nelson, Heather (hnelson@uidaho.edu) (31 Oct 2014 15:34 EST)
Re: Quick Ref Q: 90 day closeout rule? Cynthia Villalon (31 Oct 2014 16:26 EST)
Re: Quick Ref Q: 90 day closeout rule? Keys, Diane (03 Nov 2014 09:27 EST)

Re: Quick Ref Q: 90 day closeout rule? Cynthia Villalon 31 Oct 2014 16:26 EST

Right.
________________________________
From: Research Administration List [xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] on behalf of Jessica Hanff [xxxxxx@VT.EDU]
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 11:42 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Quick Ref Q: 90 day closeout rule?

Can someone tell me where the 90 days closeout guidelines are? We have a prime on a federal grant who is asking our team to spend and invoice our charges in advance, so we can invoice with enough time for *them* to clear all charges before the end date. Given 30 days on both sides to cut and pay invoices, and we’ve been asked effectively to freeze spending 60 days or more before the end date established in the budget and contract. I have faculty salaries on this, so removing their support 60 days early is a mess… and I’ve made the case that we have time to clear invoices AFTER the end date. We just can’t SPEND past the end date… but we can spend up to and including the last day.

Right?

Jessica

MI+SPIA Research

Jessica Hanff, MURP, CRA
Research and Operations Manager
Metropolitan Institute
School of Public and International Affairs
College of Architecture and Urban Studies

Virginia Tech
1021 Prince Street, Ste 100
Alexandria, VA 22314

www.mi.vt.edu<http://www.mi.vt.edu/>
 703.706.8105<tel:703.706.8105>
xxxxxx@vt.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@vt.edu>

 - UT PROSIM -

====================================================================== Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at http://www.healthresearch.org (click on the "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

A link directly to helpful tips: http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================