Merged/Split Pre- and Post-Award Offices Lawrence Waxler 31 Jul 2014 14:10 EST

Our institution has had a merged Pre- and Post-Award operation for many years. In the face of some significant financial issues and budget cutting, our Provost has suggested that perhaps it would be cost effective if we split the office in two.

While I am aware that there are institutions which have merged the their offices, I am not aware of any which have split them.

So............if your institution has, would you let me know:
> what factors drove the decision,
> what increases in efficiency or effectiveness resulted,
> what savings resulted, and
> what was the impact on customer service?

Thanks.

Larry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Larry Waxler, Director
Office of Sponsored Programs
University of Southern Maine
1 Chamberlain Avenue
P.O. Box 9300
Portland, ME  04104-9300
Telephone: 207-780-4413
Telefax: 207-780-4927

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help