Re: NIH Small Grants (R03) Warnings Heckman-Stoddard, Brandy (NIH/NCI) [E] (25 Jun 2014 08:03 EST)
Re: NIH Small Grants (R03) Warnings Wendi Jensen (25 Jun 2014 10:17 EST)
Re: NIH Small Grants (R03) Warnings Carolyn Elliott-Farino (25 Jun 2014 10:24 EST)

Re: NIH Small Grants (R03) Warnings Carolyn Elliott-Farino 25 Jun 2014 10:24 EST

You mention an RFA, so I am guessing that you did not submit under the
parent FOA. RFAs and other PAs can have different budget limits. We just
submitted an R03 in response to a different FOA and the limit was three
years and $300,000. We, too, received warnings, but warnings don't prevent
you from moving forward. As long as you followed the guidelines in the FOA
to which you are applying, you should be fine.

Carolyn Elliott-Farino, MA, CRA
Executive Director, Office of Research
Kennesaw State University
1000 Chastain Road, MD 0111; Kennesaw Hall, Room 3413 (deliveries)
Kennesaw, Georgia 30144-5591; Tel: 770.423.6381

This email, and any attachments, is intended only for use by the
addressee(s) named herein and may contain privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are
email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.

From: Wendi Jensen <xxxxxx@UNOMAHA.EDU<mailto:xxxxxx@UNOMAHA.EDU>>
Date: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 8:53 AM
To:
"xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org<mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.or
g>"
<xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org<mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.or
g>>
Subject: [RESADM-L] NIH Small Grants (R03) Warnings

Good morning colleagues,

We submitted an R03 proposal through Grants.gov and received these
warnings from the Commons:

WARNING

Direct cost requests are limited to $50k a year for this application (PHS
398 Modular Budget, Direct Costs, Direct Cost Less Consortium, F&A).
Applications that exceed this limit may be delayed or not accepted for
review.

WARNING

Cumulative direct cost requests on the PHS 398 Modular Budget are limited
to a total of $100k for this application. Applications that exceed this
limit may be delayed or not accepted for review.

WARNING

The project period for this type of application is limited to two years.
(1.33.2c)

I have read and re-read the RFA.  The budget parameters are $100,000 in
direct costs per year, for up to 3 years.  The warnings tell me that they
should be $50,000 per year, for up to 2 years.  Has anyone else seen this?
Help!

Thank you,
Wendi

Wendi Chiarbos Jensen
Coordinator  |  Office of Sponsored Programs and Research  |
Lead, MavGrants  |  Office of Research and Creative Activity  |
University of Nebraska at Omaha  |  6001 Dodge Street  |
Omaha, NE  68182-0210  |  402-554-2286  |
xxxxxx@unomaha.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@unomaha.edu>

COMING SOON:
[cid:image003.jpg@01CF904A.83635AE0]

link in the upper right corner)

A link directly to helpful tips: http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help
 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)