Re: Question re: typography Schultz, Lori Ann Mcallester - (lschultz) (12 Mar 2014 16:38 EST)
Re: Question re: typography Jennifer L. Pitz (12 Mar 2014 17:41 EST)
Re: Question re: typography Stroud, Suzanne (12 Mar 2014 19:00 EST)
Re: Question re: typography Reed, Alicia M (13 Mar 2014 07:38 EST)
Re: Question re: typography Scott Niles (12 Mar 2014 17:49 EST)
Re: Question re: typography Maria Nash (12 Mar 2014 17:49 EST)
Re: Question re: typography Bullock, Glenda (Luecke) (12 Mar 2014 17:58 EST)
Re: Question re: typography Reyes, Janet (13 Mar 2014 07:19 EST)

Re: Question re: typography Jennifer L. Pitz 12 Mar 2014 17:41 EST

I had a PI try to use colored font for this reason and we asked NIH and were told not to use color. They cited guidelines elsewhere that state black font for the entire proposal except for figures (I can't link to  what they cited as I'm typing on my phone)

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 12, 2014, at 6:28 PM, "Schultz, Lori Ann Mcallester - (lschultz)" <xxxxxx@EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU<mailto:xxxxxx@EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU>> wrote:

My two cents:  not everyone can distinguish color changes in font (color blindness).

A change in the font itself might be easier to distinguish, like a different font, italicizing, etc.

From: <Nichols>, Nicole <xxxxxx@DOM.WUSTL.EDU<mailto:xxxxxx@DOM.WUSTL.EDU>>
Date: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 1:23 PM
To: "xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org<mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org>" <xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org<mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org>>
Subject: [RESADM-L] Question re: typography

I have a PI doing a resubmission. He says he made all of his changes (per the critiques) in red font and said he has seen mixed reviews about changing font color.

Under the Resubmission section of the guidelines:

The substantial scientific changes must be marked in the text of the application by bracketing, indenting, or change of typography. Do not underline or shade the changes. Deleted sections should be described but not marked as deletions. If the changes are so extensive that essentially all of the text would be marked, explain this in the Introduction. The Preliminary Studies/Progress Report section should incorporate work completed since the prior version of the application was submitted.

Would red font be considered change of typography? What have you seen in your resubmissions???

-Nicole Nichols, MPA
Certified Research Administrator
Research Administrator, Medical & Breast Oncology

Campus Box 8069, 660 S. Euclid Street, St. Louis, Missouri 63110
•:314.362.0698 |  7:314.747-9320 |  •: xxxxxx@dom.wustl.edu

The materials in this email are private and may contain Protected Healthcare Information (PHI).  If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return e-mail.

====================================================================== Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at http://www.healthresearch.org (click on the "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

A link directly to helpful tips: http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================