Re: Informal Survey regarding the enforcement of internal proposal deadlines. Lawrence Waxler (27 Jan 2014 13:44 EST)
Re: Informal Survey regarding the enforcement of internal proposal deadlines. Schultz, Lori Ann Mcallester - (lschultz) (28 Jan 2014 11:03 EST)

Re: Informal Survey regarding the enforcement of internal proposal deadlines. Lawrence Waxler 27 Jan 2014 13:44 EST

We have a 2-day "drop dead" lead time! (yeh right!)

We also have a waiver policy - see below. However, we rarely invoke it unless the PI has been uncooperative during the development process and has missed most deadlines so that we can not do a significant review of the proposal.

Generally, we always try to submit - the sacrifice would be to quality. We have withdrawn submitted proposal if a subsequent review uncovers something that should not have gone out.

Any final proposal received with less than a two-day lead time will not be submitted.
Exceptions to this policy will require a signed, written justification from the Dean/ Director/ Equivalent Executive Officer indicating that they have reviewed and approved the contents of the proposal (including any institutional commitments), that the proposal is a college/unit and/or an institutional priority, and is determined to be in good enough form to warrant submission. Since these exceptions will not allow for the normal amount of review time, OSP and Research Administration make no assurances as to the quality or content of these proposals.

Larry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Larry Waxler, Director
Office of Sponsored Programs
University of Southern Maine
1 Chamberlain Avenue
P.O. Box 9300
Portland, ME  04104-9300
Telephone: 207-780-4413
Telefax: 207-780-4927

>>> Gretchen Davis <xxxxxx@UW.EDU> 1/27/2014 1:18 PM >>>
Bob-

The University of Washington has a policy which you can find here<http://www.washington.edu/research/osp/gim/gim19.html>. We have an early deadline (7 business days) and then a "drop dead" deadline (3 business days). There is also a waiver process.  Feel free to contact me at the email address below if you would like more information.

~Gretchen

Gretchen Davis Richey
Learning, Outreach & Communications Manager
Office of Sponsored Programs
University of Washington
xxxxxx@u.washington.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@u.washington.edu>
The Office of Sponsored Programs is committed to providing excellent service to our campus and external partners. Your comments and suggestions are welcome, so feel free to let us know how we are doing at xxxxxx@uw.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@uw.edu>.