Seeking Input for Session at Region 1 Spring Meeting Hempowicz, Christine (23 Jan 2014 08:34 EST)
Re: Seeking Input for Session at Region 1 Spring Meeting Doran, Gai (23 Jan 2014 09:49 EST)

Re: Seeking Input for Session at Region 1 Spring Meeting Doran, Gai 23 Jan 2014 09:49 EST

How about: "What is your preferred method of communicating with our office?" (email, face-to-face, phone ...)

Gai

Gai Doran
Assistant Director, Administration
Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS (CIRA)
Yale School of Public Health
135 College Street, New Haven, CT  06510
Voice:   (203) 764-4342
Fax:       (203) 764-4353
Email:   xxxxxx@yale.edu
CIRA on the Web

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Hempowicz, Christine
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:34 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Seeking Input for Session at Region 1 Spring Meeting

Dear Fellow RAs!

Greetings Fellow RAs!

We are developing a session for NCURA Region I's 2014 Spring Meeting tentatively titled, "A Glimpse inside the Minds of New Faculty Members." The session is designed as an interactive discussion group to cover relationship-building with newer faculty as they identify and build their research trajectories. We aim to include some representative new faculty members and their research administrators (either through virtual participation via GoToMeeting or in-person). This session focuses on the PUI track, but you do not need to work at a PUI to respond to this request!

At this time, we are soliciting questions we could present to potential faculty participants to help them shape their discourse. What information would help you and other research administrators at PUIs to better serve these faculty? Keep in mind that your questions may differ depending on the nature of the discipline (i.e., arts and humanities versus the sciences).

Possible questions might include:

 "What are you mandated to accomplish in order to successfully advance towards tenure?"
 "Name one of your most significant disappointments during your acclimation to your new institution."
 "Name one of your most significant surprises during your acclimation to your new institution."

Please e-mail your suggested questions to xxxxxx@bridgeport.edu and xxxxxx@keene.edu by February 2, 2014.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at the 2014 Spring Meeting!

Christine Hempowicz and Janet Albarado

Christine Hempowicz, Ed.D., CRA
Director, Office of Sponsored Research and Programs IRB Administrator Editor, Breakthroughs Adjunct Faculty University of Bridgeport Wahlstrom Library, Room 716 xxxxxx@bridgeport.edu
(203) 576-4973

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help