New NIH restrictions being applied Ferland, Joyce H. (13 Sep 2013 08:08 EST)
Re: New NIH restrictions being applied Theresa Defino (13 Sep 2013 09:33 EST)
Re: New NIH restrictions being applied Wood, Roger (13 Sep 2013 10:22 EST)
Re: New NIH restrictions being applied James Austin (13 Sep 2013 10:37 EST)
Re: New NIH restrictions being applied Theresa Defino (13 Sep 2013 09:45 EST)

Re: New NIH restrictions being applied Wood, Roger 13 Sep 2013 10:22 EST

The policy statement is that investigators must submit:

an electronic version of their final, peer-reviewed manuscripts upon acceptance for publication, to be made publicly available no later than 12 months after the official date of publication: Provided, That the NIH shall implement the public access policy in a manner consistent with copyright law.

So, if no electronic versions of the publications have been submitted yet, that would be non-compliance and would generate the award restriction.

Roger

Roger Wood
Sr. Product Manager
InfoEd Global

v   +1  518. 713. 4200   ext  150

f    +1  518. 713. 4201
e   xxxxxx@infoedglobal.com
From: Research Administration List [xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Theresa Defino [xxxxxx@AOL.COM]
Sent: Friday, September 13, 2013 10:33 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] New NIH restrictions being applied

The 12-months doesn't refer to actual publication; it is acceptance for publication.

Our Preaward office believes the restrictions were erroneously applied to the award notices since the publications in question appear to be in compliance since it has not been 12 months since publication (policy states publication must be made publicly available no later than 12 months after the official date of publication).

Kind regards,
Theresa Defino
Editor
Report on Research Compliance,