Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Joanne Cobble (30 Aug 2013 14:36 EST)
Re: Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Wood, Roger (30 Aug 2013 15:04 EST)
Re: Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Sonavie Ong (30 Aug 2013 19:57 EST)
Re: Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Wood, Roger (30 Aug 2013 22:51 EST)
Re: Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Joanne Cobble (30 Aug 2013 20:05 EST)
Re: Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Marisa Steffers (30 Aug 2013 21:48 EST)
Re: Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Joanne Cobble (30 Aug 2013 22:15 EST)
Re: Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Moise, Jessica (31 Aug 2013 09:34 EST)
Re: Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Young, Katherine S (31 Aug 2013 10:53 EST)
Re: Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Moise, Jessica (31 Aug 2013 11:49 EST)
Re: Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Young, Katherine S (01 Sep 2013 11:12 EST)

Re: Direct Cost Limit - Third Tier F&A Question Moise, Jessica 31 Aug 2013 11:49 EST

In my opinion it is better to write into the agreement with sub-awardee B that programmatic supervision will be done by the prime PI and sub-awardee A PI (and then have the prime PI and sub-awardee A PI both sign off on the invoices before the prime pays sub-awardee B directly) then it is to sub on a sub.

After all the supervision issue is about the science and not the accounting office.

From: Research Administration List [xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] on behalf of Young, Katherine S [xxxxxx@ILSTU.EDU]
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:53 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Direct Cost Limit  - Third Tier F&A Question

But in practice there are exceptions where the first subrecipient is essential in the supervision of the activities of the lower tier subrecipient.  Think of the delays every time an invoice comes in... It's tough enough at times with your own PI approval.  In turn, as the middle institution, it can be frustrating when the lead institution did not write a clear, deliverable oriented sub award and we had no leverage to ensure performance.

Sent from my iPhone