Re: Policy on sponsor limited F&A - CDC Harrison, Jessica L. 25 Jun 2013 07:54 EST

Hi Carole,

The CDC's Financial Reference Guide (which was updated in November) quotes their policy on indirect cost reimbursements.  Per their guide, they do not reference a 26% overall cap on all of their proposals.

Check out page 14  http://www.cdc.gov/od/pgo/funding/docs/FinancialReferenceGuide.pdf

Jessica
Jessica L. Harrison | Associate Manager of Sponsored Programs | Old Dominion University Research Foundation |
P.O. Box 6369 | Norfolk, VA 23508 | ph: 757.683.4293 x 610 | fax: 757.683.5290  | xxxxxx@odu.edu |

Contact our pre-award department at xxxxxx@odu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Young, Katherine S
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2013 8:27 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Policy on sponsor limited F&A

Interesting that it is the cap for admin. costs.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 24, 2013, at 7:22 PM, "Carole Knight" <xxxxxx@SLU.EDU<mailto:xxxxxx@SLU.EDU>> wrote:

Hi all,

Relating to the discussion of policies regarding reduced IDC on proposals, have any of you encountered a standard IDC rate of 26% for CDC proposals?  We can't find that this is a "policy" of CDC - at least not a written one.  I'd like to know if institutions have found that proposals to CDC are limited to 26% IDC.   Thanks my friends (and experts).

Carole

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Michael Kusiak <xxxxxx@ucop.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@ucop.edu>> wrote:
The University of Minnesota has a nicely-documented policy on IDC recovery (http://policy.umn.edu/Policies/Research/COST.html) along with guidance on minimums:
http://policy.umn.edu/Policies/Research/COST_APPE.html

Michael Joseph Kusiak
xxxxxx@ucop.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@ucop.edu>
510-987-0659<tel:510-987-0659>

Research Policy Analysis and Coordination University of California, Office of the President