Policy on sponsor limited F&A Sarah Pratt (17 Jun 2013 13:09 EST)
Re: Policy on sponsor limited F&A Charles Hathaway (17 Jun 2013 13:45 EST)
Re: Policy on sponsor limited F&A Hamilton, Zoya (17 Jun 2013 14:29 EST)
Re: Policy on sponsor limited F&A Mary Laura Farnham (17 Jun 2013 14:15 EST)
Re: Policy on sponsor limited F&A Young, Katherine S (17 Jun 2013 14:28 EST)
Re: Policy on sponsor limited F&A Michael Kusiak (17 Jun 2013 15:01 EST)
Re: Policy on sponsor limited F&A Carole Knight (24 Jun 2013 16:11 EST)
Re: Policy on sponsor limited F&A Young, Katherine S (24 Jun 2013 19:26 EST)
Re: Policy on sponsor limited F&A Athey, Rochelle R [VPRED] (25 Jun 2013 08:33 EST)

Re: Policy on sponsor limited F&A Michael Kusiak 17 Jun 2013 15:01 EST

The University of Minnesota has a nicely-documented policy on IDC recovery (http://policy.umn.edu/Policies/Research/COST.html) along with guidance on minimums:
http://policy.umn.edu/Policies/Research/COST_APPE.html

Michael Joseph Kusiak
xxxxxx@ucop.edu
510-987-0659

Research Policy Analysis and Coordination
University of California, Office of the President

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Young, Katherine S
Sent: Monday, June 17, 2013 12:29 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Policy on sponsor limited F&A

At one point in time we would not process and submit proposals to a specific for profit that limited F&A to 0% and also claimed all IP rights.  In another case we suspended submissions for a time with another company that attempted to conduct full blown rate negotiations each year on a long-term project.  In the first case, the company raised the cap and modified the policy to reflect Bayh-Dole.  The second was less satisfying... The company merged with another and they paid the established rate but didn't know there was ever any conflict in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 17, 2013, at 2:39 PM, "Sarah Pratt" <xxxxxx@WMICH.EDU<mailto:xxxxxx@WMICH.EDU>> wrote:

I'm just curious - do any institutions have a policy that proposals can not be submitted to a sponsor that limits F&A below some certain threshold (i.e. can't submit to sponsors that allow 0 F&A or that only allow 10% F&A, etc.) or anything along those lines?

Feel free to reply to the list or to me directly at xxxxxx@wmich.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@wmich.edu>

Thanks!

Sarah Pratt
Research and Program Officer
Office of the Vice President for Research Western Michigan University<http://www.wmich.edu/> Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5456 240-Q Walwood Hall
T: 269-387-8301
F: 269-387-8276
E: xxxxxx@wmich.edu<mailto:xxxxxx@wmich.edu>

====================================================================== Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at http://www.healthresearch.org (click on the "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

A link directly to helpful tips: http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================