FW: [RESADM-L] NSF MRI Biosketches Patience Graybill Condellone 20 Feb 2013 14:53 EST

Hello, All,
I thought I would share two responses to my earlier question about MRI
Biosketches and the 5 publication guideline.

From Jared Mark Heiden at University of South Dakota:
" Before we learned that we were misusing the classification of auxiliary
user and senior personnel, we were told that this is to be included within a
biosketch and not as an additional document.  "

Robin Lewis from Georgia College & State University shared this response
from Randy Phelps about biosketches when she asked for clarification of
'short bios':

"The solicitation takes precedent over the GPG, so please use the
instructions in the solicitation about biosketches. The PI/co-PIs/senior
personnel, and only these persons, should include Biosketches and Current
and Pending Support."

Best,
Patience
-----Original Message-----
From: Patience Graybill Condellone [mailto:xxxxxx@siue.edu]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 1:24 PM
To: 'Research Administration Discussion List'
Subject: [RESADM-L] NSF MRI Biosketches

Hello,
I was wondering how people are interpreting the language in the new GPG
II.C.f.iii. The guidelines state, "For equipment proposals, the following
must be provided for each auxiliary user:
(a)	Short biographical sketch; and
(b)	List of up to five publications most closely related to the proposed
acquisition."

Are you interpreting this to mean that a list of five publications should be
included in the Biosketch under the new "Products" section, or that this is
an additional section of the Biosketch, or that this is some kind of
supplementary document provided by each user in addition to their "regular"
Biosketch? Are there other interpretations out there?

Patience

Patience Graybill Condellone
Pre-Award Research Administrator, Coordinator of Internal Grant Programs
Office of Research and Projects/ The Graduate School Southern Illinois
University Edwardsville xxxxxx@siue.edu
Ph: 618-650-5618
Fax: 618-650-3523
Sign up for SIUE Research News at The SIUE Researcher:
www.siue.edu/researcher Read features on faculty research at the SIUE
Research and Creative Activities website: www.siue.edu/researchandcreative

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help