Continious Submission Burchell valldejuli (18 Feb 2013 10:51 EST)
Re: Continious Submission Charles Hathaway (18 Feb 2013 11:00 EST)
Re: Continious Submission Ford, Evelyn J. (18 Feb 2013 11:19 EST)

Re: Continious Submission Charles Hathaway 18 Feb 2013 11:00 EST

Continuous submission means you can send in an application at anytime.  It does not mean that the proposal will be reviewed immediately. PIs need to find out from program officers about the actual deadline for making it into a particular review cycle.
CH
From: Research Administration List [xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] on behalf of Burchell valldejuli [xxxxxx@YALE.EDU]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 10:51 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Continious Submission

I have a PI who is eleigible for Continiuous submission who is submitting an R01 that would have been due February 5, 2013.  Most Faculty I work with who are eligible for Continious Submission ususally try to submit within 2-3 weeks after the deadline. This one PI pushes this to 4-6 weeks. I have combed through the OER website looking for guidance on parameters for this and can't seem to find any. I would like to hear your collective wisdom as my hunch is that waiting too long after the standard deadline may have a deleterious effect.

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help