Re: Centers and Institutes Paul Marquardt (23 Oct 2012 23:10 EST)
Re: Centers and Institutes Nadler, Elsa (24 Oct 2012 10:44 EST)

Re: Centers and Institutes Nadler, Elsa 24 Oct 2012 10:44 EST
Hi Paul,
We at the University of Toledo have just revised our policy. It is attached (the one on the Web will be outdated in six weeks).
       Hope this helps, Elsa

Elsa G. Nadler
Ph: 419.383.5302
Fax: 419.383.4262

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Paul Marquardt
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:11 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Centers and Institutes

Dear Angela Sgroi (other Listserv members);

I was recently searching for help regarding starting up institutes and centers and came across your listserv question here on this listserv.  I joined the listserv where you posted this but could not find any more details.  I am wondering what you found out and if you would be willing to share the information with me and my institution?

xxxxxx@LISTS.HEALTHRESEARCH.ORG

Would any of you be willing to share policies, procedures, and/or guidelines that you might have at your institution that pertain to centers and/or institutes.  I am especially interested in some of the following:
•	definitions of the roles and functions of centers and/or institutes;
•	expected/required financial and non-financial contributions to the institution from the center/institute;
•	institutional support for the centers/institutes;
•	criteria for determining whether to take on and/or develop a particular center or institute;
•	institutional rationale for the development or acceptance of a center/institute by a college or university;
•	other guidelines, goals, and expectations pertaining to centers/institutes.
Please respond off-line to xxxxxx@tcnj.edu.

Thank you.

Angela Sgroi

Paul j Marquardt
Assistant Dean & Professor
Concordia University Irvine
1530 Concordia West | Irvine, CA  92612 | 949-214-3377
www.cui.edu/adp like us on facebook

School of Business & Professional Studies
… serving emerging adult learners and leaders.

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help