JTR regulations Jackie Frederick (05 Sep 2012 12:23 EST)
Re: JTR regulations Sandra Nordahl (05 Sep 2012 14:04 EST)

Re: JTR regulations Sandra Nordahl 05 Sep 2012 14:04 EST

Jackie,

I have worked to remove JTRs from prime contracts (and been successful).  Point your sponsor to FAR clause 31.3 - Contracting with Educational Institutions - The important part of this clause segment is subpart b.  I would point out to your sponsor that they need to apply the appropriate clause for your institution's type (educational institution).

31.303  Requirements.
(a) Contracts that refer to this Subpart 31.3 for determining allowable costs under contracts with educational institutions shall be deemed to refer to, and shall have the allowability of costs determined by the contracting officer in accordance with, the revision of OMB Circular A-21 in effect on the date of the contract.

(b) Agencies are not expected to place additional restrictions on individual items of cost.

I hope this helps!
Sandra

Sandra M. Nordahl, CRA
Director, SR Contracting and Compliance
 and Facility Security Officer
San Diego State University Research Foundation
5250 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA  92182-1934
email: xxxxxx@foundation.sdsu.edu
voice: 619.594.4172
fax:     619.582.9164
www.foundation.sdsu.edu

NOTICE: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and is only for whom it was intended. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver the message to the intended recipient, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If this communication has been received in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy all information received.
   Please consider the environment before printing this email.