Re: RESADM-L Digest - 11 Aug 2012 to 12 Aug 2012 (#2012-184) Finn, John F. 13 Aug 2012 07:02 EST

We have had to create a new registration and then import our old CCR data.  Which it lets you do.  Never did reach their help line and only received a confirmation email concerning email to FAQ.

Seems to be working okay, though  it did crash when I tried to update POC.

John F. Finn, CRA, Financial Compliance Officer
Office of Research Services
University of North Carolina Wilmington
601 South College Road
Wilmington, NC 28403-5973

Ph: 910-962-7562
Fax: 910-962-4011

NOTICE: Emails sent and received in the course of university business are subject to the North Carolina Public Records Act (N.C.G.S. §132-1 et seq.) and may be released to the public unless an exception applies.

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of RESADM-L automatic digest system
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2012 12:00 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: RESADM-L Digest - 11 Aug 2012 to 12 Aug 2012 (#2012-184)

Topics of the day:

 1. Research Ethics Opportunity Update
 2. SAM Problems
 3. RESADM-L Digest - 10 Aug 2012 to 11 Aug 2012 (#2012-183)

Date:    Sun, 12 Aug 2012 21:14:40 -0400
From:    "Dr. Edward Gabriele" <xxxxxx@COMCAST.NET>
Subject: Research Ethics Opportunity Update

We are only 1 month away from the September 11th Smithsonian Ethics Education Event,

"Sisters of Selma: A Social Justice Premiere."

Register today at the following site:

http://bit.ly/Lj1NXj

The event will address foundational issues in ethics and social justice. These issues are directly related to the work we all do in healthcare and healthcare leadership, research and development, education, humanitarian assistance, socio-behavioral studies, and social action.

This convocation is going to be a great way to prepare for the 50th anniversary in 2013 of Dr. ML King's monumental speech, "I Have A Dream."

The event will begin with a special opening keynote followed by an international film premiere of an acclaimed 2007 PBS ethics documentary. A distinguished faculty panel discussion will follow involving professors, university leaders, researchers, and project managers from University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Duquesne University, Tuskegee University, and the private non-profit sector. Participant Q&A will be engaged before closing reflections and remarks.

SPECIAL FACULTY AND GUESTS!!! Participants will get to meet the Producer/Director, Ms. Jayasri Joyce Hart, and two of the actual original six Sisters of Selma: Sr. Antona Ebo, FSM; and Sr. Barbara Lum, SSJ. They are part of the faculty for the panel and first responses. Another of our honored guests will be SSGT (ret) George Brummell, USA. SSGT is the author of "Shades of Darkness: A Black Soldier's Journey Through Vietnam, Blindness, And Back Again." SSGT, today retired, works with the Blinded Veterans Association. He is a social worker and has been a tireless worker for human rights and the dignity of others. Obviously, the presence of these individuals as well as many others will make for a fantastic educational experience for us all --- on every level --- academic, professional, and personal.

The conference will take place Tuesday, September 11, 2012, 1pm-4:30pm, in The Baird Auditorium at the National Museum of Natural History, 10th and Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC. The conference is free and open to the public. However, registration is needed to secure logistics. The schedule with summary and faculty listing can be downloaded from the registration site.

For technical difficulties with registration, contact: xxxxxx@angleproof.com

For questions as to the content or agenda, contact me.

Look forward to seeing you on Sept 11th.

Regards,
Dr. Ed Gabriele
Series Co-Director

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================

------------------------------

Date:    Sun, 12 Aug 2012 22:23:28 -0400
From:    Gregory Schmidt <xxxxxx@VERIZON.NET>
Subject: Re: SAM Problems

In the "For what it's worth" column, which admittedly is not much, the
issues with SAM is across all users, not just Higher Ed.    Everyone is
having problems accessing the system.  I've been reading about the issues in many forums.

While patience may be a virtue, it doesn't help anyone with submitting grant, cooperative agreement, or contract bid applications.

Greg Schmidt

GKS Consulting, LLC
703-346-5696 (Voice)
703-938-1294 (Fax)