Shared editing/Document Management rdewey@mcdaniel.edu (19 Apr 2012 13:15 EST)
Re: Shared editing/Document Management Widmer David (19 Apr 2012 14:28 EST)
Re: Shared editing/Document Management Meyer, Diane M [E R I] (19 Apr 2012 14:40 EST)
Re: Shared editing/Document Management Sharon Brown-Smith (19 Apr 2012 18:53 EST)
Re: Shared editing/Document Management Laura Walker (25 Apr 2012 08:24 EST)
Re: Shared editing/Document Management Andrew M Ludington (25 Apr 2012 08:44 EST)
Re: Shared editing/Document Management Barron, Jennifer (25 Apr 2012 15:54 EST)

Re: Shared editing/Document Management Sharon Brown-Smith 19 Apr 2012 18:53 EST

We use basecamp for our group/ collaborative proposals. I love it.

Sharon Smith, MS, CRA
ORS
Office#: 615-898-5894
From: Research Administration List [xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] on behalf of Meyer, Diane M [E R I] [xxxxxx@IASTATE.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2012 2:40 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Shared editing/Document Management

Robin,

Interesting timing!  We’ve been happy using Dropbox for our shared proposal development platform for several years now.  However, we’d been hearing rumblings from our College about security issues for the past year and now they are getting serious!  We’ve being told to NOT use Dropbox. A version of SharePoint “on steroids” has been made available to the entire campus.  I’m just beginning the transition, but so far I’m a believer.

The security concerns with Dropbox are basically that we don’t know exactly where the computer is that stores our data.  It’s completely possible that is could be outside of the USA and that opens us up to Export Control issues.

Here’s an interesting summary, “Cloud Security and Your Data.”
http://blink.ucsd.edu/technology/security/cloud-security.html

Only using Dropbox for my personal, but not too personal files now…
Diane

Diane M. Meyer
Pre-Award Services
Engineering Research Institute