Re: Grant Approvals Gregory K. Schmidt 09 Mar 2012 16:53 EST

I forget who asked the original post, but that never stoppped me before - or now, apparently.

I have implemented over 120 college and university ERP systems (Datatel).  Every one had approval systems in place for procurement and grants.

I always had them ask, "what value does this person add to the process?"   If. The answer is zero, don't include them.  They won't be missed, or probably even realize they've been dropped.

We did that experiment too.  Took 4 months before the first call.  Everyone in Admin said it was. A critical report for the depts, too.  Apparently not so much.