Unfunded collaborators on NSF proposals Sarah Pratt (15 Feb 2012 08:43 EST)
Re: Unfunded collaborators on NSF proposals Marie Smith (15 Feb 2012 09:55 EST)
Re: Unfunded collaborators on NSF proposals King, Pamela (15 Feb 2012 10:41 EST)
Re: Unfunded collaborators on NSF proposals Barbara Green (15 Feb 2012 09:55 EST)
Re: Unfunded collaborators on NSF proposals Liana Setti (15 Feb 2012 10:02 EST)
Re: Unfunded collaborators on NSF proposals Jessica Weaver (15 Feb 2012 14:02 EST)
Re: Unfunded collaborators on NSF proposals Sandra Nordahl (15 Feb 2012 10:09 EST)
Re: Unfunded collaborators on NSF proposals Sharon Brown-Smith (15 Feb 2012 10:21 EST)
DTRA Terms & Conditions Kelly DelFatti (15 Feb 2012 15:05 EST)
Re: DTRA Terms & Conditions Gray, Madison (15 Feb 2012 17:26 EST)

Re: Unfunded collaborators on NSF proposals Sharon Brown-Smith 15 Feb 2012 10:21 EST

Sarah, the co-PIs should be the submitting institution's faculty. If the collaboratoring institution is not being funded, then a letter of collaboration would be sufficient.

Sharon Smith, MS, CRA
ORS
Office#: 615-898-5894
From: Research Administration List [xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] on behalf of Sarah Pratt [xxxxxx@WMICH.EDU]
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 7:43 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Unfunded collaborators on NSF proposals

Hello all,
I have a PI here who has some unfunded collaborators on an NSF proposal. I know that typically if there are unfunded collaborators the collaboration is mentioned in the proposal and letters of support are uploaded to the supplementary documents section. However, my PI would like them listed as Co-PIs and then they show up on our budget with no paid effort. This seems strange to me. I emailed the PO to ask if this was ok and he said he did not know the answer. I could not find anything in the GPG that stated definitively one way or the other if this was ok. Poking around online I found language at other institutions stating that only employees of that institution could be listed as PIs or Co-PIs but it is not clear if this is the policy of the institution or based on NSF policy. Anyone have any experience with this type of situation?

Thanks,
Sarah

-----------
Sarah Pratt
Research and Program Officer
Office of the Vice President for Research
Western Michigan University<http://www.wmich.edu/>
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5456
240-Q Walwood Hall
T: 269-387-8301
F: 269-387-8276
E: xxxxxx@wmich.edu

====================================================================== Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at http://www.healthresearch.org (click on the "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

A link directly to helpful tips: http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================