AHA Membership/Application Fee SUBSCRIBE RESADM-Angela Horton (04 Jan 2012 12:27 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Wagoner, Sherrie L (04 Jan 2012 14:15 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Campo, Miriam Alam (04 Jan 2012 15:45 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Michael Kusiak (04 Jan 2012 16:37 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Robert Beattie (04 Jan 2012 16:53 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Nadler, Elsa (04 Jan 2012 18:20 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Wagoner, Sherrie L (04 Jan 2012 16:59 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Nadler, Elsa (04 Jan 2012 18:41 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee McManus, Beth (05 Jan 2012 09:22 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Mary Gibson (09 Jan 2012 21:15 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Michael Kusiak (04 Jan 2012 14:18 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Bristow,Judy L. (04 Jan 2012 15:26 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Charles Hathaway (04 Jan 2012 16:36 EST)
Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Michael Kusiak (04 Jan 2012 18:24 EST)

Re: AHA Membership/Application Fee Nadler, Elsa 04 Jan 2012 18:20 EST

We are submitting a slew of AHA fellowship applications. AHA does now use institutional/organizational submission (as Grants.gov-sort of). The applicant initiates the proposal in the AHA on-line system but has to select an institutional grant coordinator from a drop-down menu. Once the applicant has answered all the questions and uploaded all required files, he or she submits it to a "go" box. The grant coordinator is then notified by e-mail and can either reject the application or send it on.

Elsa Nadler
419.383.5302

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Robert Beattie
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 4:54 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] AHA Membership/Application Fee

As I recall, the AHA considers the "applicant" to be the PI, not the institution.  This with respect to their submission system.  Yet they expect the Institution to be the financial manager.  Perhaps the FDP as an action group, unlike NCURA and SRA which are educational groups, should negotiate with the AHA to get them to accept the Institution as the submitter, and fix some institutional fee.  Or some other Grants related organization, is there one?
Bob