Cancelled trip charges Chrisomalis, Angelo (19 Oct 2011 10:17 EST)
Re: Cancelled trip charges Guy,Christopher (19 Oct 2011 10:48 EST)
Re: Cancelled trip charges (UNCLASSIFIED) McGlade, Jane F CTR US USA MEDCOM WRAIR (19 Oct 2011 10:51 EST)
Re: Cancelled trip charges (UNCLASSIFIED) Linda Ward (19 Oct 2011 11:00 EST)

Re: Cancelled trip charges (UNCLASSIFIED) McGlade, Jane F CTR US USA MEDCOM WRAIR 19 Oct 2011 10:51 EST

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

How would your Institute handle this if he were traveling on Institute money?  I approach this from the perspective of "consistent" treatment and if your Institute policy would be to cover all the cost, then I feel it would be appropriate to treat the grant funding in the same consistent manner.

I await other's input.

Jane F. McGlade, Manager
Sponsored Research
Walter Reed Army Inst of Research
BLDG 503  Room 2W125
PH: 301-319-2049
Fax: 301-319-9810
Cell: 240-494-6378

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Chrisomalis, Angelo
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:17 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Cancelled trip charges

Colleagues,

We have a situation where a PI was traveling to present a paper but missed a flight connection due to the recent hurricane. He became stranded in the connection city as flights were cancelled and ultimately had to returned home having missed the conference.

Would you allow the resulting cost of this trip on a federal award?

Thanks,

Angelo Chrisomalis

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute

Associate Director

Research Administration & Finance, Post Award

West Hall - 3rd Floor

(518) 276-6154 (voice)

(518) 276-2839 (fax)

xxxxxx@rpi.edu <blockedmailto:xxxxxx@rpi.edu>

====================================================================== Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at http://www.healthresearch.org <blockedhttp://www.healthresearch.org>  (click on the "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

A link directly to helpful tips: http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help <blockedhttp://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help>  ======================================================================