Re: subrecipient invoices Tara Jones (23 Aug 2011 12:33 EST)
Re: subrecipient invoices Korzyk, Barbara (25 Aug 2011 12:48 EST)

Re: subrecipient invoices Korzyk, Barbara 25 Aug 2011 12:48 EST

In addition to the strategy from below, I have found that cutting the sub's period of performance to a shorter time period than the prime by 1-2 months helps.  Or the threat of cutting it shorter sometimes also does the trick.

You may also try contacting the Contracting or Finance Office of the sub to see if they can put pressure on the PI to get their act together--depends on where the hold-up is..

BARBARA KOURY KORZYK
Subcontracts Manager
Office of Grant & Research Development
Washington State University
Phone:  (509) 335-7248
Fax:        (509) 335-1676

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List [mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Tara Jones
Sent: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 10:34 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] subrecipient invoices

My favorite subrecipient agreement phrase:

Final invoices shall be marked "Final" and must be submitted no later than sixty days following the conclusion of the Agreement.  Failure to submit the final invoice within such period shall constitute a complete waiver of all claims by the Recipient to any amounts not previously invoiced.

Doesn't help with the intermediate billings, but sure helps with the final when we remind them of this upon conclusion of the agreement.

TRJ

Tara Riemer Jones, Ph.D.
Chief Operating Officer
Alaska SeaLife Center