Space on grants rdewey@mcdaniel.edu (25 Aug 2011 11:37 EST)
Re: Space on grants Charles Hathaway (25 Aug 2011 11:48 EST)

Re: Space on grants Charles Hathaway 25 Aug 2011 11:48 EST

Like many parts of proposals (e.g. preliminary data, schedule for meeting with a mentor, charactertics of patient populations), being specific increases one's argument for feasibility tremendously.  If you CANNOT provide definite names and addresses and numbers, you should spend extra paragraphs convincing reviewers that you understand the importance of specifics, have a plan of attack and are progressing toward your goal.  Make them confident in your approach.

Charlie

From: Research Administration List [xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] on behalf of xxxxxx@mcdaniel.edu [xxxxxx@MCDANIEL.EDU]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2011 12:37 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Space on grants

Here is a question that is being asked right now in a planning meeting that I am attending. From a reviewer's point of view, if you are proposing a programatic project that needs a physical location, how important is it to have an actual designated area/floor plan, as opposed to a vague "we are working on identifying space"?  We all know how political space can be, and that decision could entail more work than the grant development itself. :)

Thanks, Robin

Sent from my iPad

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

 A link directly to helpful tips:  http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help