Re: NASA nspires Margarita M Cardona 10 Aug 2011 12:51 EST

In my experience, the award will likely be split and you will never see the civil servant's portion. I would suggest excluding their budget from your F&A calculation.
Magui

Margarita M. Cardona, MS, CRA
Director of Sponsored Research
University of Baltimore
Office of the Provost
1420 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
(ph) 410-837-6191
(fx)  410-837- 5249

________________________________

From: Research Administration List on behalf of Kumar, Sona
Sent: Tue 8/9/2011 6:51 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] NASA nspires

I'm submitting a proposal through NSPIRES (Roses 2011 announcement) which will include NASA civil servants.  According to the instructions, their total budget (no detail) gets entered under "other costs" under the university's budget.  The NASA co-I submits their detailed budget separately in NSPIRES and will get funded directly by NASA.

What I'm having trouble figuring out is how to calculate the F&A -do I just exclude them from the F&A base?

Thank you,

Sona Kumar, M.S., CRA

Research Administrator

University of Texas at El Paso

Office of Research and Sponsored Projects

500 W. University Ave.

El Paso, TX 79968

(915) 747-5436

xxxxxx@utep.edu

Summer Schedule:

May 23-August 19

Mondays through Thursdays, 7:30 - 5:30

Fridays 7:30 - 11:30

Do you have an upcoming proposal due? Submit your Notice of Intent to apply at http://research.utep.edu/noi <http://research.utep.edu/noi> at least 10 working days before the deadline.

 1uteplogocolor<http://mail2.ubalt.edu/exchange/mcardona/Drafts/RE:%20[RESADM-L]%20NASA%20nspires.EML/1_multipart/image002.jpg>

====================================================================== Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at http://www.healthresearch.org <http://www.healthresearch.org/>  (click on the "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

A link directly to helpful tips: http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================