Re: RESADM-L Digest - 28 May 2011 to 29 May 2011 (#2011-130) Chris Rigney 31 May 2011 09:44 EST

Hi Roger & Marinda,

As far as a text reference is concerned, the most recent version of the
SF424 guide for completing the Adobe Version B proposal package defines
Senior/Key Personnel as follows:

"Unless otherwise specified in an agency announcement, Senior/Key
Personnel are defined as all individuals who contribute in a
substantive, meaningful way to the scientific development or execution
of the project, whether or not salaries are requested."

Most PIs at subcontract/consortium sites meet this definition and should
be included accordingly as far as I understand.  The direct link to the
instructions can be found here -
http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/424/SF424_RR_Guide_General_Adobe_Ve
rB.pdf

The reference in question is on p.74 of 265 of the PDF.

Best Regards,

Chris Rigney, JD
Senior Contract and Grant Officer
Sponsored Projects Administration

Telephone:  (949) 824-9816
xxxxxx@research.uci.edu

Please note that my office hours are 7am to 4pm PT, Monday through
Friday.

Sign up for the SPA listserv emailing:
xxxxxx@department-lists.uci.edu or
xxxxxx@department-lists.uci.edu.

Join us for our upcoming QRAM on Wednesday, June 15th at 1:30 pm at the
UCI Student Center in Balboa Island A.

Date:    Sun, 29 May 2011 21:46:18 -0400
From:    "Wood, Roger" <xxxxxx@INFOED.ORG>
Subject: Re: NIH Guidelines for the requirement that a
subcontract/consortium site has a PI

Hi Marinda,
Interesting question - and one that I've just recently gone over with
NIH Policy office staff myself. In fact, there is no requirement for the
subaward PI to be key personnel on the proposal. As they told me, "they
usually are key personnel, but there is no formal requirement for that
to be the case." Surprising to me, but... so be it!

Thanks,
Roger
Roger Wood
Sr. Product Manager
InfoEd International, Inc.
5 Washington Square, Suite 2 | Albany, NY 12205 USA
Voice 518-713-4200, ext 150 | 800-727-6427 | fax 518-464-0695
xxxxxx@infoed.org | www.infoed.org