Re: NIH Guidelines for the requirement that a subcontract/consortium site has a PI Wood, Roger (29 May 2011 20:46 EST)

Re: NIH Guidelines for the requirement that a subcontract/consortium site has a PI Wood, Roger 29 May 2011 20:46 EST

Hi Marinda,
Interesting question - and one that I've just recently gone over with NIH Policy office staff myself. In fact, there is no requirement for the subaward PI to be key personnel on the proposal. As they told me, "they usually are key personnel, but there is no formal requirement for that to be the case." Surprising to me, but... so be it!

Thanks,
Roger
_________________
Roger Wood
Sr. Product Manager
InfoEd International, Inc.
5 Washington Square, Suite 2 | Albany, NY 12205 USA
Voice 518-713-4200, ext 150 | 800-727-6427 | fax 518-464-0695
xxxxxx@infoed.org | www.infoed.org

From: Research Administration List [xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Marinda Bethay [xxxxxx@OHSU.EDU]
Sent: Friday, May 27, 2011 3:16 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] NIH Guidelines for the requirement that a subcontract/consortium site has a PI

Hello,

I’ve been instructed by our central preaward office that NIH Guidelines require that a subcontract/consortium site has a PI and that this inherently means that the individual must be listed on the Senior/Key Person page and a biosketch must be uploaded.   Does anyone who where this is explicitly stated?

Thanks,
Marinda

Marinda Bethay, Grants and Contracts Coordinator
OHSU, School of Nursing (SNORD)
Office of Research Development & Support
3455 SW US Veterans Hospital Rd
Portland, OR 97239
T: (503) 494-3824
F: (503) 418-0903

====================================================================== Instructions on how to use the RESADM-L Mailing List, including subscription information and a web-searchable archive, are available via our web site at http://www.healthresearch.org (click on the "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)

A link directly to helpful tips: http://tinyurl.com/resadm-l-help ======================================================================