Cost Share: In-Kind vs. cash Watkins-Wendell,Kathryn A (25 May 2011 08:24 EST)
Re: Cost Share: In-Kind vs. cash Bonnie Kwit (25 May 2011 08:47 EST)
Re: Cost Share: In-Kind vs. cash Lawrence Waxler (25 May 2011 08:58 EST)
Re: Cost Share: In-Kind vs. cash Alden Chang (25 May 2011 10:32 EST)
Re: Cost Share: In-Kind vs. cash Korzyk, Barbara (25 May 2011 15:57 EST)

Re: Cost Share: In-Kind vs. cash Korzyk, Barbara 25 May 2011 15:57 EST

I've been waiting for a response to Larry wearing nothing but a smile.
Spanky?

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List
[mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Lawrence Waxler
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 6:59 AM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: Re: [RESADM-L] Cost Share: In-Kind vs. cash

We like to define cash match as anything that we can display as a budget
and/or expense in our accounting system.

However, there are times when sponsors place restrictions on that. For
example, we had a sponsor who limited cash match to new institutional
commitments rather than allowing existing faculty salaries. And, there
are sponsors who will only allow F&A to be counted as in-kind. In these
cases, we grin and bare it.

Larry