Re: Subrecipient Relationships with Federal Laboratories - Assistance Please... Ancelmo Encinias (27 Jan 2011 19:05 EST)

Re: Subrecipient Relationships with Federal Laboratories - Assistance Please... Ancelmo Encinias 27 Jan 2011 19:05 EST

I would be very interested in responses as well.  It appears we have a
similar situation brewing in New Mexico with one of our national labs.

Ancelmo "Sam" Encinias,
Assistant Director, Office of Grants and Contracts
New Mexico State University
P. O. Box 30002, MSC OGC
Corner of Espina Street and Stewart Street
Anderson Hall, E-1200
Las Cruces, NM  88003-8002
Phone: 575-646-2063
Fax: 5575-646-2020
E-mail: xxxxxx@nmsu.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Research Administration List
[mailto:xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org] On Behalf Of Sandra Nordahl
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:24 PM
To: xxxxxx@lists.healthresearch.org
Subject: [RESADM-L] Subrecipient Relationships with Federal Laboratories -
Assistance Please...

We have a cooperative agreement with our local Naval installation
(Department of Homeland Security prime funder) and have been requested
to enter into a subrecipient agreement with a Federally Funded Research
and Development Center "FFRDC".  The FFRDC does not want to utilize the
standard subrecipient template (including sponsor terms and conditions)
that has been utilized for all other subrecipients on this cooperative
agreement.  They have forwarded their template for use, which does not
incorporate many of the federal terms and conditions associated with our
prime agreement.

In the past, another DoD agency would not allow us to use the FFRDC
template and required flow down of their terms and conditions.  This
resulted in the DoD organization adjusting our scope of work and funding
(rightly so) and working directly with the FFRDC.

I have contacted my contracting officer and am awaiting direction.  Do
any of my colleagues offer templates and/or advice on working with
FFRDC's?  I would greatly appreciate your insights and suggestions.
Please feel free to contact me directly or post to the list.

Best Regards,
Sandra

Sandra M. Nordahl, CRA
Facility Security Officer and Co-Director
Sponsored Research Contracting and Compliance
San Diego State University Research Foundation
5250 Campanile Drive
San Diego, CA  92182-1934
email:    xxxxxx@foundation.sdsu.edu
phone:   619-594-4172
fax:        619-582-9164
web:      www.foundation.sdsu.edu

 "LISTSERV" link in the upper right corner)