Re: Fiscal Years Gregory K. Schmidt 13 Jan 2011 15:56 EST

Now here's a fun fact.

There are 30 days in September.  If they're funding at the end of the FY, why use 9/29 instead of 9/30?  Afterall, the end of the year isn't the 29th.

Answer:

The OIG auditors complained when the agencies used 9/30.  It seems some agencies were holding off making purchases until they knew how much was unobligated at year end.  We would never suspect that they're still doing that if they used 9/29 though...right?