a second question about 501(c)(3) research foundation subcontracting back to the university Laura Letbetter 20 Oct 2010 10:49 EST

Rethinking my question, I should have been more specific about why I am
asking: Our university is in the process of transitioning awards (new and
existing) from the university itself to  our relatively new research
foundation. We are a state institution, and to the best of our knowledge,
our sister institutions subcontract everything back to the university. My
colleagues and I have recently been tasked with finding some successful
models of research foundations that subcontract back only the personnel,
while retaining the rest of the funds and managing things like
procurement, travel reimbursement, payments for consultants and contracts,
etc. through the research foundation. Frankly, we do not know of any
institutions that do it this way. If you know of any, we would love to
hear from you.

Thanks again,
Laura

Laura Letbetter
Director, Proposal Development and Programmatic Research
Office of Grants and Contracts
Kennesaw State University
1000 Chastain Road, Mailstop 0111
Kennesaw, GA 30144