Re: Tracking Minority/Women-Owned Vendors Margarita M Cardona 19 Oct 2010 18:34 EST

I would offer the following:

The University of Baltimore uses Oracle's PeopleSoft Finance (v 8.4).  The vendor module of that system allows one to create "Government Classification codes" as part of each vendor record.  We have established codes for our Minority Business program (by ethnicity), a code for Maryland's Small Business program (just Small - that all we track - large or small) and the Federal SBA codes for Small (the federal definition of small is much larger than the Maryland definition) Woman Owned, Disadvantaged, HUB Zone, HBCU, Veteran Owned and SDVOB.

We then run queries in PeopleSoft against the PO records to determine the base, and the number of transactions awarded to any of the sub-groups.

Please let me know if you have other specific questions.

Blair Blankinship, C.P.M.

Director of Procurement

University of Baltimore

1420 North Charles Street