Pre-Award Grants Database and Facebook Lynch, Patrick W (13 Oct 2010 08:27 EST)
NSF MSP application Constance Evon Black-Postl (13 Oct 2010 08:46 EST)
Re: NSF MSP application Marie Smith (13 Oct 2010 09:03 EST)
Re: Pre-Award Grants Database and Facebook Charlie Hathaway (13 Oct 2010 09:07 EST)
Re: Pre-Award Grants Database and Facebook Nadler, Elsa (13 Oct 2010 09:22 EST)
Humanities and NEH Consultant BURCHARD, LORI (13 Oct 2010 09:45 EST)
Re: Pre-Award Grants Database and Facebook Ken Clark (13 Oct 2010 10:11 EST)
Re: Pre-Award Grants Database and Facebook Pamela K Mott (13 Oct 2010 09:36 EST)
Re: Pre-Award Grants Database and Facebook Schreiber, Hollie (13 Oct 2010 10:09 EST)
Re: Pre-Award Grants Database and Facebook Kendra Mingo (13 Oct 2010 11:31 EST)

Re: Pre-Award Grants Database and Facebook Schreiber, Hollie 13 Oct 2010 10:09 EST

My opinion - having attended several classes on social networking and working extensively on social networking for a couple of non-profit associations - is that if you are trying to establish/can establish a "dialogue" with your audience, FB is a great way to go.  It can be advantageous to have conversations, discussion, etc with those you are trying to reach.  But if your FB page will only be one-directional (information from you to your audience) then it probably isn't any more effective than email, listservs or a website.

Hollie
HOLLIE SCHREIBER, MBA, CRA
MANAGER, SPONSORED PROGRAMS ADMINISTRATION
2010 DASNR UNITED WAY COORDINATOR

DIVISION OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCES AND NATURAL RESOURCES
256A AGRICULTURAL HALL
STILLWATER,  OK  74078
(405) 744-7196; (405) 744-8863 FAX